Elevation - 3,200 feet above sea level
Grade - Elevation change up to 30 feet
Berms - Surrounding entire course, 10 and 15 feet above playing surface
Irrigation - The most sophisticated ever devised. Computerized irrigation system utilizes 2,500 sprinkler heads to deliver up to 4,500 gallons a minute.
Designer - Tom Doak, Renaissance Golf Design Inc., Traverse City, Michigan
Estimated rounds per year - 30,000 - 35,000
Rules and Etiquette
- Please do not drive your golf car in native or rough areas.
- Please observe 90 degree cart rule from cart path when going on to fairways.
- Please keep golf carts at least 30 yards away from the greens.
- Please keep golf carts on paths on all par 3 holes.
- Please rake bunkers, repair ball marks and fill in divots with sand provided.
- Please keep your round of golf below a 4 hour and 28 minute pace to ensure enjoyment for everyone.
- DRESS CODE: Collared golf shirts or mock turtlenecks, proper Bermuda length shorts, nice denim or blue jeans. No t-shirts, halter-tops, bathing suits, sweat pants are allowed.
- All food and beverages must be purchased at the Rawls Course. Personal coolers are prohibited.
Total Yardage - 7,207 from the championship tees
Par: 72, women; 72, men.
Par Fours - 10 (five on each side)
Par Threes - 4
Par Fives - 4 including back-to-back fives on 17 and 18
Bunkers - 96
Average Hole Yardage (Championship Tees)
# Par 4 - 421 yards
# Par 5 - 541 yards
# Par 3 - 190 yards
Greens - Dominance plus bent grass
Rough - grasses, jackpot, blue gramma, bahia
Water Hazards - one central 4.5 acre, man-made lake
Fairways - 115 to 125 acres of fairway
Exclusive Texas Tech Golf Team Facilities and Services include:
Driving Range - 375-yard horse shoe shaped, three target greens
Short game facility - Three hole practice course (Texas Tech golfers only)
Indoor hitting bays - Three bays shelter golfers from inclement weather
Video teaching aid - Equipped with video technology for instructional purposes